Sunday, February 28, 2010

A _________ Weekend



After and awesome Friday night murder mystery date I woke up too early on Saturday to take not one, but two midterms! The weekend was not looking too promising, and then I went to pick up my second midterm and was told that they didn't have it and it must have closed Friday

Heart-Attack.

Then I realized that the test I had been madly studying for is next weekend. My well intentioned reminders in my planner almost killed me.

Later, I went to Patina Market and found this rustic window on the cheap:


its got a pretty latch and other hardware, plus I think it fits into the decorum of my room; I'm planning on using it to hang earrings and headbands, and pictures.
Then I went to my good friends birthdays. We had dinner at Pizzeria 712 where I got an amazing pizza topped with potato, garlic, fontine, and arugula. Yum.

Then this afternoon I found out that my paper was accepted for BYU's English Department Literary Conference! I was so excited, and then I found out that means I have to present my paper... to an audience... with a Q&A session afterwards. Yikes, but I'm still excited!

Then I have my current obsessions:

1. Postcards from Stella Marrs


3. And cats, apparently? I called my little sister today and she told me all about how our old orange tabby has been "bullying" her. The other day my dad told her that if she didn't push the cat (Gus) off the bench, he would take away all her books. I told her it was a little sad that she was letting a little cat push her around and she said, "Shush! He has death claws!"


3 comments:

Sarita said...

I love those postcards. And Joel and I were there when your Dad delivered the news of your achievement to everyone. Super awesome.

Also, it behooves me to announce that Martha is currently reading a fantasy sci-fi book about Feline Warriors. Warrior Cats. Just thought you should know.

I also dont see why anyone should be afraid of Gus. Gus LOVES me.

Sarita said...

Oooh....and I also adore that window. Nice find. I have some like pieces that are sitting in storage all by their lonesome waiting for me to decorate our future home with them.

KirstieBirstie said...

My dad is so funny, I call him up and I'm really excited and he's just like "oh, cool." and then I find out he's been telling EVERYONE. haha

Warrior cats sounds like a good read. Bridget also told me that some girl in their dance class told Martha she was pretty and she started screaming, but I should stop because she'll probably read this...

I bet you and Joel are going to have such a cute house, my mom says that I will have to discuss knitting with you next time I am home! Although I have been really bad about doing projects. I have too many hobbies!