Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photo graph y


Yesterday I read an article for my film class that talked about photography meaning "writing in light". It makes sense if you think about it, but obviously I do not--especially since I'm pretty sure I've heard that before.This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the Christmas break. Alyssa and I missed the exit to Sauvies island because of the rain and decided to keep going and hang out under the St. John's bridge. It was beautiful, and we took some pictures while we ventured down to the dock. Then, while we were standing out on the water it started to snow.

It was beautiful, and so peaceful despite the cold and the waves rushing towards us on the dock. The snow was swirling all around us in the wind, and I'm pretty sure it was one of those there and gone moments that are nearly impossible to capture in words--or light.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice