Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Don't Know, Because the answer is YES!

Spring semester has been quite an adventure so far. I am being kept very busy with classes, my new church calling, and my new position at work as the student manager of the Lost & Found. One of my responsibilities as the manager is to make the creative display that people see when they first walk into the Lost & Found. This month is Mustache May, it's going to be big.
We are hoping to put up pictures of random people with mustaches, and started out the collection with a mustached Enrique. I was so excited about making that display that it carried over into my weekend! My sister Hanna came to visit me, but unfortunately I had to work early on Saturday morning. I pushed the beds in my room together so we could watch a movie while we went to sleep. In the morning I woke up on my side and my hip hurt but I couldn't figure out why. I started talking to Hanna about how I didn't want to go to work and she sat up and held up my external hard-drive and said "well I guess I can play with this while you gone." I was really confused because the hard drive had been plugged into my computer when we went to bed.

I asked Hanna where she got it and she told me that I had given it to her. "What? When?" I asked, incredulously. Hanna informed me that I had gotten out of bed and woke her up when I handed her the hard-drive and apparently told her that I had "saved" it for her. I then realized that my hip hurt because I was laying on the cord that connects the hard-drive to my computer. I have no memory of any of this.

Then on Sunday we made a ton of pancakes for dinner and took the extras to the duck pond where a bunch of ducklings had just hatched.
There was one duck that all the other ducks kept beating up on though. Who knew ducks were so violent?? Although I do find this picture kind of comical--the two ducks beating one up and then another is just standing there watching.
Then we found this dead turtle on the bank of the pond. Gross. I picked it up with the plastic bag and took it home in my purse. It was later used for a cruel prank. But I think my karma balanced out because I gave some of the pancakes to two of the cutest little boys so that they could feed the ducks too.
It was an eventful weekend to say the least.


3 comments:

Jacqueline Francis said...

those two duckies? they aren't,... beating up that girl duck...
ive seen it happen at that pond before.

duckrape.

KirstieBirstie said...

That's what I thought, until I saw that there were two of them. . . ducky gang rape?

Anonymous said...

You Pirate!!! You stole my pictures!!!!!