Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Things She Sews Pt. 1

Remember that little icon on the side of my blog that said I was participating in the Colette Spring Palette Challenge? Well now I can finally take it down. I finished the dress, but never blogged about it. Do any of my other sewing friends have this problem where you pick out a really awesome pattern and get all excited to make it, but upon finishing realize that it's not something you will ever really wear. This may be one of the reasons I end up giving up many of the things I make. For example this dress looks nice on this no-curves model, but is not quite as accommodating on my form.
From this view you can't tell as much, but from the side my chest holds the dress out and isn't too flattering. Plus I lengthened this, but the skirt is pretty short.
But I loved making this dress for all the details--I tried to get a detail picture above, but it is still hard to see because it is navy. But the whole top is filled with great pin-tuck and pleating details, and I am really happy with how it turned out--at least on the hanger. But maybe you are short and small chested and will come visit me and I will give it to you.

No comments: