Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You've Got a Friend in Me.

Today this song came on my sister's ipod. I don't think I will ever forget the association I have with this song. I was driving back from a concert in Bend, OR (Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, and Mates of State) with my friends Sara and Allie in 2008. It was late and we were getting drowsy as we approached Tualatin when this song came on and two raccoons ran out onto the freeway! It was completely out of nowhere and I'm pretty sure we were all jumping out of our seats. Sadly, the raccoons were perfectly spaced between the tires, so I doubt that either of them lived to tell the tale. This is for you little guys:



1 comment:

A Mitton said...

HAHAHAHA.

Every time I tell this story I can't get to the part with the raccoons without laughing hysterically. EVERY TIME. It never gets old.

Such a good day.