Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bee Sting

Today I got stung by a bee. It was weird--but as my dad told me "no one wakes up and expects to stung by a bee that day". I recently purchased some silver shade first flush Polaroid film for my camera from the Impossible Project. This film is very sensitive to heat and has to be shaded from light for the first 90 seconds of development. I had a great idea for a photo, but it was ruined when I turned it over on the hot pavement, so I went back to the spot and was trying to decide where to shade it. I thought maybe I could shade it against my shirt so I put my hand on my stomach to see how warm it was. There was a bee on my shirt, I put my hand right on it and it stung me through my shirt. But there is my segway into putting up some of the Polaroids I've taken so far.

PS. The film is supposed to be black & white, but when it's warm it turns orange, and since it's summer many of them have turned out sepia. I actually think they look a little oranger here than they really are.
(this one is a little hard to read but it says "When life gives you oil spills make molotovs --Dante" I think a couple people should recognize that wall.)


No comments: