Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

Since I didn't realize that I was going to get July 23rd off (because it makes sense that we would get the day before Pioneer day off, but not the day after Easter?) I didn't have a whole lot planned for the weekend except finishing a library book that got recalled. There will be more on that later, but I still managed to do some fun things while spending most of the weekend relaxing.

Liz and I discovered a house a couple blocks down from my apartment that has an apricot tree out front and a sign that says "Please take as many apricots as you want". I'm sure in Provo they got sick of everyone coming to their door asking if they could take some.

I think I am going to try and find a recipe and go pick some more next week and actually make something with them instead of eating them all raw.

Then we tried out my newest kitchen tool from Williams-Sonoma-- a pocket pie mold! One side cuts out the dough and then the other side presses the two half together to make a little heart-shaped individual pie! They taste really good, but I think I need to work on my dough because in my family we love flaky crust, and it tastes good that way but isn't very conducive to making aesthetically pleasing individual pies. These are cherry.
Oh, and I've been addicted to this song this weekend. It seems like a fitting song now especially as a storm has suddenly set in and I am now wishing I wasn't in shorts.

No comments: