Friday, January 28, 2011

Colette Spring Palette Challenge Sketches

So for my Colette challenge I am kind of wimping out--BUT only because my sewing machine is currently residing in Portland and so I can plan out but won't have a lot of sewing time. So, I am determined to make two things although I am thinking about and planning more, they may just not get sewn until later.

Oh, and I promised myself I would actually post my sketches here even though drawing is not one of my strong suits, but it something I would like to work on, plus I have a lot of free time on the bus.
So the bag on the left is my interpretation of the Amy Butler Weekender Bag. I really like the bag in general but there are some things I would like to change like some of the pockets and I'm adding a shoulder strap and some embroidery on the side. I am going to make it in camel suede.

The bag on the right I will do if I have time, if not I will have to do it later because I am planning to do it in leather as well, and I'm excited to try it out!



The bottom dress is where I am kind of cheating because I have already started this dress and am well into it. It is an Anna Sui for Vogue pattern and I am making it in a lightweight navy blue batiste with a drop waist and lots of pretty pin tucks!

I am also loving peter pan collars so if I have time I will make a coral/honeysuckle dress--if not it will have to wait for later.

I am interviewing Gabrielle from Hopeless Lingerie for Colette and although I don't need any it has inspired me to make a new swimsuit for this summer!

Quote of the day from the Greenbean (the coffee shop I work from):

"It's disgusting, but it's what you always have."

Also super awkward--these guys across from me are talking about culture is on the brink of a dramatic shift and how the coffee shop is a real community type of place, but now people come in and work on their laptops and tune out and totally gestured to me on his laptop. I have my headphones in, but I'm not actually listening to anything at the moment and looked at him right as he pointed to me. Oh, Seattle.

No comments: