Friday, March 11, 2011

$1.50 Liberty Necklace


I finally decided what to do with some of the pieces of Liberty fabric Carina sent me. On her tumble there are pictures of these fabric necklaces she does that are so pretty, and my mom has one just like it so I decided to make some for myself!
{Via Malinka}
{My beautiful baby sister Bridget modeling my necklace}

Plus I made 3 necklaces that only cost me $1.50 to make. All I had to buy was one bag of marbles. They are really easy to make and you can customize yours however you want. All you do is sew a tube (for marbles I would make it at least 5' around) sew one end closed, turn it right side out and then insert the marbles. You just tie a know on either side of each marble, hand sew the other end and you are done! I may have to dig through my scrap box for more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I always see neat uses for scraps, but I never take the suggestions. This, however, I may try.

The delicate version with the bow is so pretty!

Garnet

A Mitton said...

So cute. I love it. And am a little jealous (of your talent and the necklace).

KirstieBirstie said...

Thanks Garnet and Ali! They are so easy, but I am a little sad because there wasn't enough to make one out of my favorite fabric, so I will have to come up with some other ideas!