Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 1


I am stealing this 30-day thing my friend Jack is doing. So you get to look forward to blogs from me (hopefully) everyday. And hopefully it will motivate me to write about some of the other adventures I have been having.

Today you get a picture of me and 15 interesting facts about myself:

1. This picture (from yesterday, when I meant to do this) highlights how my style has (d)evolved into me dressing like a schoolboy almost everyday. You can't see too well, but I am wearing a long-sleeved white polo under a grey lambswool sweater and a black peacoat.

2. Guess how much this top-half ensemble set me back? (answer: $0.00)

3. If my cheeks and ears look awfully pink in this picture, that is because I had just returned from an equestrian fashion show--in a barn. It was extremely cold!

4. At the barn fashion show I learned that you aren't supposed to be nice to barn cats--they are there as cold blooded mouse killers.

5. The interesting fact I always share during get-to-know-you games is that I used to live down the street from Bill Nye the Science Guy (but really he lived down the street from the church, that just seems more complicated to explain somehow).

6. I love to crafty things like: sewing, embroidery, knitting etc. Right now I am especially into knitting because there is a yarn shop down the street from my internship. It was sad because I ran out of yarn this weekend--so this is what my hat is going to look like until Monday when I can get new yarn!

7. Right now I am really into watching Freaks & Geeks. James Franco, mmmmm.

8. I'm also into watching this:

9. I make really weird noises in my sleep. I have been told this my a few reliable sources. Mostly I just make moaning noises and make noises like the girl from the Grudge, but sometimes somewhat coherent words come out, words like "summer beans".

10. Speaking of grudges, I have been apparently double-whammied in the grudge holding department through both my parents, which kind of leads into a lot of other things. But basically I love my friends, and really care about people a lot in general--I can be very patient and it takes a lot for me to lose that, but when I do you better watch out. As, my friend once told me, "I've never seen you kick back, but I know that if you did it would be in high heels."

11. I'm staying with my cousins right now, and just yesterday my uncle called me a hermit. Part of that is because I'm new here and don't know anyone yet. But I am also a lot shyer than a lot of people probably think. Most people seem to think I am really disinterested, because I try really hard not to show it, but I really have social anxiety.

12. I think I have the best family.

13. I HATE cilantro.

14. As I get older I think I am getting more sentimental.

15. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

3 comments:

Liz said...

OH MY GOSHHHH! I love this.
Mostly I love that you're watching Freaks and Geeks and that you went to a barn and dressed like a schoolboy and that you have a Disney princess poster in your room.
I don't understand your dislike for cilantro. Not even in salsa?????

A Mitton said...

I've been enjoying Jack's posts like this and I'm excited for yours too. I knew quite a few of those things, and that makes me really pleased with myself, haha.

SwissMunicipal said...

How did I not know that you didn't like cilantro? I've hated cilantro for as long as I've been aware of it as an herb (about six or seven years).

:)