Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2 (Or the meaning behind my blog name)

I meant to do a post about this when I first started this blog but never did. No one has every asked me why url is tired mirrors (I'm going to talk about this since the title at the top f the page is always some form or my name) but I"m going to tell you the story.

I was writing a poem where I used "tired" to describe a room. I really liked the way it sounded, and the idea of applying that adjective to something inanimate. I am also fascinated by the mind and the fact that nothing is really objective. In writing you learn about how the mind remembers bits and pieces and creates narrative out of those, but it's a lot of smoke and mirrors. A lot of things are left out in our memories. As Sufjan says: "words are futile devices". I can never completely share myself with you--because in the mirror certain things are reflected and others are lost. But this is my attempt to share who I am, and what is bouncing around in the mirrors in my mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was deep.

A Mitton said...

I've always been interested in the fact that we cannot see anything objectively. In mortality, there is no such thing as an objective reality, but so many people don't realize this. I like what you said.

KirstieBirstie said...

ironic, considering how the content of my blog isn't usually deep.